Berlin Documentary Festival-Official Selection, Tucson Arizona Film Festival-Jury Award, Los Angeles Feel Good Film Festival-Official Selection, Spirit Quest Film Festival-Official Selection, Santa Fe Film Festival-Official Selection
Interest in psychic phenomena has always been evident. But what does science have to say about these mysterious matters? Can science explain them? Is there evidence to prove them?
Renee Scheltema explores this world of parapsychology in her documentary, Something Unknown... Is Doing We Don’t Know What. She takes the viewer on a fascinating spiritual journey into the science behind psychic phenomena, where the boundary between "real" ability and fraud is tested.Something Unknown explores these five scientifically "accepted" areas of parapsychology:
- Telepathy—refers to mind-reading or mind-to-mind communication. It literally means “distant feeling.”
- Clairvoyance—the psychic ability to perceive remote places, objects or people. A scientific term for clairvoyance is “Remote Viewing.”
- Precognition—an alleged psychic ability to predict the future. It sometimes comes as a vision, a mental flash or a dream.
- Psychokinesis—“PK” for short, is the ability to move objects with the power of the mind only.
- Psychic Healing—a spiritual practice that may afford gradual relief from pain or sickness, and sometimes brings about sudden “miracle cures.”
Top scientists, parapsychologists, psychologists, doctors, physicists, healers, and explorers in the field of research who appear include Dean Radin of IONS, Prof. Gary Schwartz, Dr. Larry Dossey, Prof. Charles Tart, Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, Dr. Edgar Mitchell, and Dr. Eric Pearl.Renée Scheltema is a Dutch documentary filmmaker and photographer. For 25 years Renée has worked for Dutch television as a director, producer and camera-person. Some of her other documentaries were selected at international film festivals.
Published: November 10, 2009
Director: Renee ScheltemaArtist: Telekan, Renee Scheltema
Runtime: 105 minutes